This is the Virtual Mission Tools download and change log page. VMT is a suite of tools for Falcon BMS. Visit the VMT home page for more information.
Download VMT v058 (the latest on the stable channel)
- Fix typos in download page.
- Build Linux version as well
- Change logo to 440th VFW's
- Fix various formatting problems
- Fix incorrect label on annotations copy button
- Improved map sizing and positioning: controls will never move below
map. Instead, map gets smaller if necessary to accommodate controls
when resizing window.
- Titlebar of map is collapsible to increase usable space.
- Tab names now remain visible even when scrolling content.
- Fixed width of dropdowns in annotation controls.
- Implemented "Save map image as PNG"
- Fixed intermittent bug where things wouldn't render right sometimes
- Flights can be opened in their own tabs
- Fix (again) high CPU when app is idle
- Flight colors and check state are now saved with briefing
- Add arrows, text, shapes, and lines to a map and save them with a
- Can now save modified briefing when viewing a briefing
- Fix bug where dragging off the map makes things jump around
- Reverse use of triangles/circles in waypoints to match BMS
- Include download link in update notifications.
- Fix bug where sorting was broken on flights page.
- Fix bug where flight color selection was not working.
- Fix occasional runaway CPU utilization.
- Fix minor bug where "VMT Settings" text was showing when it shouldn't.
- Add ability to have VMT automatically check for updated versions of
- Fix problem where web links were opening in the app instead of in a
- Major speedup in mission and briefing loading.
- Add checkbox in map controls section allowing show/hide of borders
of wind stability areas.
- Wind stability areas and weather override regions are automatically
placed in edit mode when created.
- Fix bug introduced in v051 where squadrons weren't showing up for
carriers and army bases.
- Fix bug where weather override edit button wasn't displaying
correctly when editing.
- Handle weird Balkans bad index bug.
- Report warning when squadrons have no airbase
- Handle problem with improper handling of time in briefing files.
- Fix bug handling consecutive steerpoints with the same time
- Fix bug where briefing wouldn't load due to nil time somewhere.
- Fix bug where install ID was saved incorrectly in briefing files.
- Save version of VMT used to create briefing files; warn on load if a
different version of VMT is being used.
- Briefing notes: a simple (for now) text box where mission designers
can put notes to be displayed when the briefing file is opened.
- Display version number in the title bar.
- Improved loading progress display: organized hierarchically,
supports displaying warnings.
- Allow mission creator to choose BMS version when multiple versions
are installed and pointing to the same directory.
- Bugfix: warn, don't crash, when a theater is in the theater list but
no .tdf can be found.
- Bugfix: fix excessive CPU utilization when loading multiple missions
- Use correct flags for teams.
- Fix errors loading related to objective names.
- Error when reading the last string in the strings file.
- Error when reading the objective name of a carrier objective.